Whether you have put your body through years of sports and activities that have steadily worn away your menisci (plural for meniscus) and trying to stave off total knee replacement or suffered an acute meniscal injury, our therapists have the experience and passion to connect with you and understand your history, current situation and future goals. They will conduct a thorough evaluation, educate you on their findings including the key components that will be addressed throughout your program, then custom build program which helps you achieve your goals as efficiently as possible.
The menisci have a few critical roles when it comes to the knee and overall lower extremity function. They help as shock absorbers like the discs of your low back as well as support against excessive motion and rotatory forces.
In order to properly rehabilitate the knee and get you back to sporting, focusing on the knee alone will never allow you to achieve your goals. At BreakThrough, we always take a comprehensive approach to all meniscal rehabilitation and sports performance programs. Rather than simply rehabilitating you to basic daily activities, it is our goal to prepare you to perform your best while minimizing risk of injury.
Your therapist will evaluate and help you with:
- Balance and stability
- Strength of all major lower extremity muscle groups, especially gluteals, quadriceps and hamstrings
- Core Strength and control
To learn more about our services to help you overcome knee injuries such as an ACL partial or complete rupture:
- Call 408-736-7600 to speak with one of our Care Coordinators
- Complete our Contact Us Form
- Choose from any of our various e-papers to download and learn more about all our services and programs
- Click here to learn more about BreakThrough’s Physical Therapy Programs for the knee
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Wellness Programs
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Sports Performance Programs