Studies show that incidence of cervical (neck) or lumbar (low back) degenerative disc disease occurs in greater than 85% of the population. Even studies with asymptomatic individuals greater than 45 years of age commonly show incidence of cervical or lumbar disc degeneration.
Low back pain, neck pain, cervical and lumbar disc degeneration is a fact of life for most of us. At BreakThrough, we find that it is always best to treat the cause and not just the symptoms and even more importantly to take a proactive approach to this reality.
Our skilled physical therapists have a vested interest in you and your ability to participate in the activities you desire. We find that all low back pain, neck pain and symptoms which result from degenerative disc disease as well as the progression of the degeneration can be slowed through proper evaluation and treatment. Almost always, we will find some combination of limitations with:
- Body mechanics
We will work with you to help you get out of pain associated with degenerative disc disease or work with you in a wellness or sports performance program to ensure you have the tools you need to minimize risk for needing physical therapy or other medical care for the natural degenerative disc disease essentially all of us will face as we age.
To learn more about our services for degenerative disc disease, neck and low back pain and ability to help you return to the lifestyle you desire:
- Call 408-736-7600 to speak with one of our Care Coordinators
- Complete our Contact Us Form
- Choose from any of our various e-papers to download and learn more about our services and programs
- Click here to learn more about BreakThrough’s Physical Therapy Programs for low back pain
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Wellness Programs
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Sports Performance Programs