Sciatica is a general term that describes pain in the low back or gluteal region which travels down the back of the thigh and potentially further down the sciatic nerve and its extensions to the lower leg and foot. Treatment of sciatica is determined only after proper functional assessment of your limitations and objective findings.
If you are suffering from severe, acute low back pain and you feel like you can’t even move, or if you are suffering from a slowly developing onset of low back pain with or without radiation/referral into the posterior thigh and leg, now is the time to get a proper evaluation.
Many of our patients/clients tell us that they felt tight, stiff and sore, but figured it would get better. Some of them sought out personal training or simply looked online for tips. The problem is that no individual is the same, so trying to solve your own problems almost always:
- further delays your ability to return to your desired activities
- ends up costing you more time and money in the long run
- gets frustrating and causes further stress and potentially even affects your work performance, attendance and/or relationships with others
If you are not sure what to do about your sciatica, but want an easy, cost and time effective way to help ensure you take the right steps towards your future, guided by an expert; check out our Telehealth or Unlicensed Health Consultant and Coaching Services.
Our physical therapists have extensive experience in evaluation and treatment of all low back conditions including sciatica. We take a comprehensive approach by so that we learn about you, your current situation, past experiences and of course your short/long term goals. We then conduct a thorough evaluation and educate you along the way as a partner in your rehabilitation through our physical therapy, wellness and sports performance programs.
To learn more about our services for low back pain and ability to help you return to the lifestyle you desire:
- Call 408-736-7600 to speak with one of our Care Coordinators
- Complete our Contact Us Form
- Choose from any of our various e-papers to download and learn more about our services and programs
- Click here to learn more about BreakThrough’s Physical Therapy Programs for Low Back Pain
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Wellness Programs
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Sports Performance Programs
Here is one video with a few key tips for stretching the lower extremities. These often help with reducing sciatic nerve symptoms, but evaluation by an educated professional is the best way to be sure you are doing the right exercises for you at the right time. Please click this link for your complimentary consultation. In this 25 minute virtual session, one of our California licensed physical therapists will learn about your situation and provide you some key tips for you to begin your road to recovery immediately. No obligation and we guarantee you’ll obtain a couple key tips for instant implementation!