If you are looking into or have already undergone a total ankle replacement, odds are there is/was extensive damage to multiple structures of and around the foot and ankle. Additionally, there is usually weakness and/or inflexibility through multiple other key regions such as your hips and knees. At BreakThrough, the question we ask ourselves is “Why?”. Because the only way to ensure you get the most out of your total ankle replacement, we will conduct a thorough evaluation which addresses you and not just your ankle. We will educate you on our findings including the key components that will be addressed throughout your program, then custom build program which helps you achieve your goals as efficiently as possible.
If you are not sure what to do about your ankle, but want an easy, cost and time effective way to help ensure you take the right steps towards your future, guided by an expert; check out our Telehealth or Unlicensed Health Consultant and Coaching Services.
In order to properly rehabilitate the foot and ankle, we need to improve all of your movement patterns and ensure you are obtaining and developing strength through full range of motion as well as solid flexibility throughout both sides. Rather than simply rehabilitating you to basic daily activities, it is our goal to prepare you to perform your best while minimizing risk of injury. Your therapist will evaluate and help you with:
- Balance and stability
- Strength of all major lower extremity muscle groups, especially gluteals, quadriceps and hamstrings
- Core Strength and control
To learn more about our services to help you overcome foot and ankle injuries, including total ankle replacement:
- Call 408-736-7600 to speak with one of our Care Coordinators
- Complete our Contact Us Form
- Choose from any of our various e-papers to download and learn more about all our services and programs
- Click here to learn more about BreakThrough’s Physical Therapy Programs for the foot and ankle
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Wellness Programs
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Sports Performance Programs