Physical Therapy for Runners
Runners put themselves through repetitive pounding that transmit forces through every joint, muscle and tendon in the body at 3-5x body weight with every stride. Physical therapy can help to improve your flexibility, strength, endurance and overall understanding of what will be required for you to continue at your desired level of running. Some of our patients just want to be able to run a few steps across the street and others are ultra-marathoners. Whatever category you fit into, our experienced team of physical therapists is qualified and experienced to be able to help you.
If you are not sure what you can do to obtain improved mechanics, strength and flexibility for optimal performance and success with your running program, check out our easy, cost and time effective way to help ensure you take the right steps towards your future, guided by an expert.
- If you reside in California: Telehealth
- If you reside outside of California: Unlicensed Health Consultant and Coaching Services.
- Common Lower Extremity Injuries in the Running Athlete – Irina Stiasny, PT, DPT
- Does Long Distance Running Cause Osteoarthritis of the Knee; A Look Into Two Research Articles – Janeen Gray, PT, DPT
- Choosing the Right Running Shoe – Barry Gordon, PT, DPT
- Flexibility – by Matthew Maestas, PT, MPT
Running Video Analysis
Our physical therapists have the knowledge, skill and expertise to help you improve your flexibilty, strength and endurance. We are also utilizing state of the art technology to perform individual running analysis. Click here to learn more.
“My knees no longer hurt with every stride. I just completed my first 10k and had no pain at all!”