If you are experiencing a variety of symptoms which include pain, weakness, numbness or tingling through the upper extremity, you may be experiencing Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS). TOS can be extremely debilitating, but when caught early and treated properly the progression of further nerve damage, chronic numbness and tingling and weakness can be prevented.
Many of our patients/clients tell us that they felt tight, stiff and sore, but figured it would get better. Some of them sought out personal training or simply looked online for tips. The problem is that no individual is the same, so trying to solve your own problems almost always:
- further delays your ability to return to your desired activities
- ends up costing you more time and money in the long run
- gets frustrating and causes further stress and potentially even affects your work performance, attendance and/or relationships with others
What most people do not realize is that if not evaluated thoroughly and treated in a timely fashion by a licensed physical therapist things get worse and then when it gets to be “that bad” then they feel they have no choice, but to get professional help. This is unfortunate, because they are then in the middle of a downward spiral and we now have to help them get back up to a basic level of daily activity tolerance prior to progressing them to their real goals. At BreakThrough, we will do everything we can to help you no matter what your situation, but please don’t wait!
Our physical therapists have extensive experience in evaluation and treatment of all neck, back and upper extremity conditions. We take a comprehensive approach by obtaining a thorough history so that we learn about you, your current situation, past experiences and of course your short/long term goals. We then conduct a thorough evaluation and educate you along the way as a partner in your rehabilitation through our physical therapy, wellness and sports performance programs.
To learn more about our services for neck pain and ability to help you return to the lifestyle you desire:
- Call 408-736-7600 to speak with one of our Care Coordinators
- Complete our Contact Us Form
- Choose from any of our various e-papers to download and learn more about our services and programs
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Wellness Programs
- Click here to learn about BreakThrough’s Sports Performance Programs