BreakThrough is dedicated to helping women of all ages obtain their optimal health. We address pain and dysfunction that might occur as a result of general aging, childbirth, injury, or surgery. At BreakThrough, we recognize that your privacy is crucial when dealing with such intimate matters and as such we have private treatment rooms to provide you the privacy needed. At your first appointment your therapist will obtain a thorough history with you, potentially including questions on breastfeeding, bowel and bladder habits, sexual history or menstruation. Your physical therapist will then assess posture and body mechanics, range of motion, strength, musculoskeletal and connective tissue.
We will educate you on your condition and provide treatment accordingly. Treatment may include patient education, guidance with exercises, manual therapy, biofeedback, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation. Some conditions require as little as two (2) sessions total while others require two (2) sessions per week for several months. See below for a list of diagnoses we treat. Feel free to call (408) 736-7600 and one of our care coordinators will be happy to help you learn more about how we can help, obtain your insurance information and schedule you with one of our physical therapists.
Women’s Health Diagnoses we Treat
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Plugged/Clogged/Blocked Milk Ducts
- Diastasis Recti
- Sacroiliac Joint (SIJ) pain
- Tailbone/Coccyx pain
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Pregnancy and post-partum related low back or neck pain
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist/hand pain associated with motherhood
- Post surgical pain (C-section, hysterectomy, mastectomy, or abdominal surgery)
- Exercise guidance pre and post-partum
- Weight Loss and general fitness program development
Healthy Pregnancy Program
- For more detailed information on our free Healthy Pregnancy program, click here.
- For the next Healthy Pregnancy Program date and time, click here.
Women’s Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
- For more detailed information on physical therapy for issues of the pelvic floor, click here